Lately, the temperature has been hitting the triple digits which brings about two things – less clothing and more sweat. I’m not a fan of sweating, it’s one of my least favorite things actually. I understand it’s my body trying to cool down, a necessary biological function, but that doesn’t make it any less unpleasant. It also happens to be makeup’s worst enemy. Over the years of hades-like weather and my own beauty finesse, I’ve figured out what works and what doesn’t.
- Foundation primer and oil free tinted moisturizer. The primer absorbs oil throughout the day, protecting your pores and doesn’t look cakey like face powder would. I love tinted moisturizer because it’s not as heavy as foundation, but still provides some coverage. Shown: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer
- Waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Eyeshadow tends to crease, so when it gets steamy I prefer to keep it simple with a swipe on my top lash line, or winged liner for something a little more dramatic. Shown: Buxom Waterproof Smoky Eye Stick (I like “Brass Knuckles”), BeneFit BADgal Waterproof Mascara
- Pigment creams. These creams are fast drying and long-lasting. I like to get a neutral pink that I can use on my lips AND cheeks. I’m all about the double beauty duty. Shown: MAKE UP FOREVER Aqua Cream in Peach.
- Bronzer. Instead of my regular face power, I like to give myself a light dusting of bronzer when it’s warmer out. It gets rid of the shine, and I don’t look so ghostly white. It took me a while to find one that wasn’t too “orangey” – but I think I’ve found my match! Shown: bareMinerals Faux Tan Matte
- If all else fails – hairspray. Yes, hairspray. When you’ve got an event, or you know you’ll be taking lots of pictures and it’s a hot summery night, you have to spritz the good stuff. I’ve done this to every bride I’ve ever done up (and myself often enough) – trust me, it works. After you’re done with your makeup, close your eyes, hold your breath and spray. It will set the makeup, and nothing will budge. I don’t recommend this as an every day trick, however – so keep it reserved for something special. Shown: Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray