I’ve always loved those “What’s in your purse” blog posts, so I thought I’d go ahead and do one of my own. It used to be that I would carry around a purse bigger than my torso which contained nearly everything you could ever possibly want, in any situation. I remember going out to brunch, and one of my friends didn’t get a fork with their meal – never fear, Liz’s Mary Poppins bag surely has a set of cutlery in it! And it did. And then I was made fun of.
Since then I’ve pared it down to what should be “appropriate” for a purse. But that doesn’t mean I don’t now carry around a laptop case and “work tote” (which undoubtedly contain all the miscellany that would otherwise be in my giant purse); that however, is another post, for another time.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Totally Turnlock Satchel.
- Handy notebook, which I use for everything from grocery lists to conference call notes for work.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Cat-Eye Sunglasses. The bigger, the better. I love the retro shape of these.
- My iPhone (with adorable Kate Spade phone cover, from my sweet friend Angela). CANNOT live without this little piece of technology.
- All the random beauty goods I use to get through the day: perfume, hairspray, hand cream, bobby pins – all in a handy reusable plastic baggie (I like the clear plastic so I can see things, and not dig around a cosmetics bag for half an hour).
- Marc by Marc Jacobs (can you tell I like Marc Jacobs?) Totally Turnlock Zip Clutch.
- Sentimental goodies: movie ticket stubs and a shark tooth from one of T’s many fishing adventures (which he pulled out himself on the boat – so rugged).
- iPod. Again, can’t imagine life without this little gem. I’ll listen to NPR on my drive to work, but sometimes on my commute I just want to rock out. Lately it’s been Afrojack – Take Over Control that’s got me fist-pumpin’ up and down I-5.
- Pens (see #2), change and foreign tender. Who knows, I may have to hop a plane to the UK real quick, so I better hang on to that £10 note – just to be safe. That, my friends – is how hoarders think. Shudder.